Step House, North Farm Road,
Tunbridge Wells, UK, TN2 3DR.
t: 01892 518877 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Number: 05823698
Clinical Roundtable – How can the built environment support clinicians in providing patient care?
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
Date: Tuesday 11 May 2021
Doors represent 47% of ligature-based inpatient suicides in the UK (NCISH 2019); up from 43% in 2015.
Following on from our webinar with Katharine Lazenby focusing on doors from a patient’s perspective, Philip Ross is joined by Tracey Rogers (Cornwall Partnership NHS FT), Antony Gray (CNTW NHS FT) and William Delaney (Southern HSCNI) to open up the conversation around doors in mental health environments from a clinical perspective.
Focusing mainly on the bedroom space, we’ll cover:
- Patient and staff safety
- Ligature risk
- Privacy and dignity
- Reducing restrictive practice
- Therapeutic environments
- Tracey Rogers Head of Security - Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- William Delaney Head of Service for Mental Health Inpatients - Southern Health & Social Care Trust Northern Ireland (HSCNI)
- Antony Gray Head of Safety, Security and Resilience - Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Philip Ross Director(CHAIR) – Director - Safehinge Primera